Engagement Specialist - Programs (Part - Time)
The Engagement Specialist-Programs is a motivated and dynamic individual who thrives on building and stewarding relationships, cultivating volunteer leadership, and building community to primarily lead our engagement programs.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, be enthusiastic about creating connections with current and new constituents and volunteers, be a strong team player, and be passionate about strengthening the Jewish community. The successful candidate will be skilled in time management as many of the annual activities and programs ebb and flow throughout the year. This position will be responsible for resource cultivation, stewardship, solicitation, relationship building, and building leadership in our Jewish Community.
- Proactively seeks out individuals and families who are not currently engaged and help connect them to JFSA.
- Serves as the Jewish community liaison connecting individuals and families with opportunities available at JFSA and other Jewish organizations.
- Develop effective engagement opportunities that grow JFSA constituents.
- In partnership with the Development team, develops and implements a stewardship program that ensures positive donor engagement and philanthropy.
- Design and implement regular PJ programming.
- Strategize to improve the program and the outreach to families.
- Continuously fostering relationships with current and potential PJ families.
- Collaborate with Jewish organizations to strengthen engagement with families.
- Manage all operational aspects of the program.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing department on all print and digital marketing components.
- Local liaison with PJ national office and with PJ funders.
- Responsible for all reporting and recordkeeping related to funders.
YAD (Young Adult Division)
- Serves as the staff lead, creating opportunities for engagement with the Young Adult Division (YAD).
- Supports the JFSA Leadership program J-LEV (Jewish-Leadership/Engagement/Values), developing future Jewish community leaders.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Two or more years of program and or development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong attention to detail; able to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute responsibilities.
- Flexible to work evenings and some Sundays in support of events.
- Knowledge of the Jewish Federation and the local Jewish community.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Name of your direct supervisor: Development Associate
ABOUT THE JEWISH FEDERATION OF SAN ANTONIO
We are a close-knit team of diverse personalities and interests that span the spectrum of demographics. We enjoy our time working together for the benefit of the San Antonio Jewish community, including all other communities supported by the resources we secure locally. We are a team of approximately 15 FT/PT employees. We celebrate birthdays and other special occasions and enjoy the opportunities to have lunch together and spend time with one another not addressing work-related subject matter. Our volunteers respect our professionalism and rely on us to be their support and resource when needed. The senior management team is a collaborative, open, and dependent network of professionals who set expectations and model the culture for overall institutional success. We invite you to join us on this professional journey.
If interested in this professional organization and position, please apply at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!
The Jewish Federation of San Antonio is an EEOC/AA Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds and faiths to apply for any position for which they feel qualified.